Friday, March 3, 2017

March 3, 2017

Hey guys. I want to mention something important this week. While the new name sounds much different, I would like to change the name of #40Friday to #50Friday soon and that's because it will be getting an expansion. As you can see, some of the songs on here have not been doing well. I like those songs, so I would like to keep them as well as others on the chart. One of these songs even left this week, and it was the highest dropout. When the chart changes, all exits are not allowed to leave from the top 40 and all debuts must debut in the top 40, both rules with no exceptions. Got it? Okay. Here are the poll results this week:

What song did you want to hit #1 on #40Friday this week?
Hey Violet - Guys My Age
  0 (0%)
Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
  3 (37%)
Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
  1 (12%)
Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
  2 (25%)
Bebe Rexha - I Got You
  2 (25%)

Rockabye was this week's winner. Will it jump or will it drop? And who will be #1 this week? You'll have to read to find out. Here are the exits first:

After Romeo/Silentó - Pull Over
Last Week: #30
Peak: #22
Weeks on Chart: 5

Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Last Week: #35
Peak: #18 
Weeks on Chart: 8

Maty Noyes - In My Mind
Last Week: #36
Peak: #12
Weeks on Chart: 12

Martin Garrix/Bebe Rexha - In the Name of Love
Last Week: #39
Peak: #10
Weeks on Chart: 17

Spencer Ludwig - Diggy
Last Week: #40
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks on Chart: 21


Here is the chart:

40. Maroon 5/Future - Cold (DEBUT)
Last Week: DEBUT
Peak: #40*
Weeks on Chart: 1

39. Lil Uzi Vert - You Was Right
Last Week: #38
Peak: #22
Weeks on Chart: 13

38. The Weeknd - False Alarm
Last Week: #37
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks on Chart: 18

37. Sia - Never Give Up
Last Week: #32
Peak: #20
Weeks on Chart: 7

36. Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
Last Week: #34
Peak: #9
Weeks on Chart: 17

35. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla (DEBUT)
Last Week: DEBUT
Peak: #35*
Weeks on Chart: 1

34. Childish Gambino - Redbone
Last Week: #33
Peak: #25
Weeks on Chart: 6

33. Meghan Trainor - I'm a Lady (DEBUT)
Last Week: DEBUT
Peak: #33*
Weeks on Chart: 1

32. Danger Twins - Limitless
Last Week: #31
Peak: #31
Weeks on Chart: 3

31. Jax Jones/Raye - You Don't Know Me (DEBUT)
Last Week: DEBUT
Peak: #31*
Weeks on Chart: 1

30. Starley/Ryan Riback - Call on Me
Last Week: #28
Peak: #28
Weeks on Chart: 4

29. Alessia Cara - How Far I'll Go
Last Week: #29
Peak: #29
Weeks on Chart: 3

28. Breakbot - My Toy
Last Week: #19 (Tied Biggest Drop -9)
Peak: #15
Weeks on Chart: 10

27. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (DEBUT)
Last Week: DEBUT
Peak: #27*
Weeks on Chart: 1

26. Vinai/Anjulie - Into the Fire
Last Week: #18
Peak: #7
Weeks on Chart: 14

25. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm
Last Week: #27
Peak: #25*
Weeks on Chart: 3

24. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
Last Week: #25
Peak: #24*
Weeks on Chart: 4

23. Charli XCX/Lil Yachty - After the Afterparty
Last Week: #14 (Tied Biggest Drop -9)
Peak: #3
Weeks on Chart: 14

22. Imagine Dragons - Believer
Last Week: #26 (Biggest Jump +4)
Peak: #22*
Weeks on Chart: 3

21. James Hersey - Miss You
Last Week: #24
Peak: #21*
Weeks on Chart: 3

20. Symon - No Way
Last Week: #23
Peak: #20*
Weeks on Chart: 5

19. Danger Twins - Icons
Last Week: #22
Peak: #19*
Weeks on Chart: 3

18. Marian Hill - Down
Last Week: #21
Peak: #18*
Weeks on Chart: 4

17. Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs
Last Week: #20
Peak: #17*
Weeks on Chart: 4

16. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
Last Week: #17
Peak: #16*
Weeks on Chart: 6

15. Julia Michaels - Issues
Last Week: #16
Peak: #15*
Weeks on Chart: 7

14. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
Last Week: #15
Peak: #14*
Weeks on Chart: 8

13. AJR - Weak
Last Week: #12
Peak: #11
Weeks on Chart: 11

12. The Chainsmokers/XYLØ - Setting Fires
Last Week: #9
Peak: #9
Weeks on Chart: 11

11. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
Last Week: #13
Peak: #11*
Weeks on Chart: 7

10. Pentatonix - Hallelujah
Last Week: #11
Peak: #10*
Weeks on Chart: 10

9. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
Last Week: #10
Peak: #9*
Weeks on Chart: 8

8. Runaground - Chase You Down
Last Week: #8
Peak: #6
Weeks on Chart: 23

7. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #6
Peak: #1 (2 or 3 weeks)
Weeks on Chart: 27 or 32 (Oldest on chart + all time)

6. Stevie Wonder/Ariana Grande - Faith
Last Week: #7
Peak: #6*
Weeks on Chart: 10

5. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
Last Week: #5
Peak: #1 (5 weeks)
Weeks on Chart: 13

4. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
Last Week: #3
Peak: #3
Weeks on Chart: 14

3. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
Last Week: #4
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks on Chart: 17

2. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Last Week: #2
Peak: #2
Weeks on Chart: 8

1. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
Last Week: #1
Peak: #1 (4 weeks)
Weeks on Chart: 7

Biggest Drop: Tie between Breakbot - My Toy and Charli XCX/Lil Yachty - After the Afterparty (-9)

Biggest Jump: Imagine Dragons - Believer (+4)

Bubbling Under
  • Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (2w)
  • Zara Larsson/Ty Dolla $ign - So Good (6w)
  • The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (2w)
  • Xxxtentacion - Look at Me (DEBUT)
  • Drake - Fake Love (2w)
  • Lorde - Green Light (DEBUT)
  • Big Sean - Bounce Back (DEBUT)
  • Little Mix - Touch (3w)
  • Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (3w)
  • Danger Twins - Gotta Be Yourself (Mama Always Said) (4w)
  • The Vamps/Matoma - All Night (5w)
  • Major Lazer/PartyNextDoor/Nicki Minaj - Run Up (6w)
  • Remy Ma - Shether (DEBUT)
  • Ariana Grande/Future - Everyday (2w)
  • Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (3w)
  • Panic! at the Disco - L.A. Devotee (5w)

7 comments:

  1. Why is slide in turquoise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really digging Shether. Nicki Minaj is a great rapper, and it's hard for another up-and-coming female rapper to write an entire diss track on her and succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Nicki Minaj more than Remy Ma but she killed it on the diss track.

      Delete
  3. Three things:
    1. Great post!
    2. Why did you make the font bigger for the exits?
    3. Feel free to expand your chart.
    BUT PLEASE do NOT alternate colors again. It hurt my eyes.

    and one minor thing: for #35 you wrote a - instead of a / before ty dolla $ign

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thanks!
      2. It was an accident but I couldn't fix it when I tried to edit the post.
      3. One more thing about that, the expansion will take place over the course of a few weeks. Like if we get two songs that are supposed to exit, the chart will have 42 songs and so on until we have 50.
      4. Is it okay if I alternate colors after every 5 or 10 songs?
      5. Good catch! I'll fix that.

      Delete
  4. Today, I had to listen to You Was Right for a Pulse Music Boards thing, and I grew into it, making it a 6.5/10 now. I listened to 1 Night too and it's a 9/10 now.

    ReplyDelete