47. Sia - Never Give Up
Last Week: #42
Peak: #20
Weeks on Chart: 10
46. Danger Twins - Limitless
Last Week: #40
Peak: #31
Weeks on Chart: 6
45. Lil Uzi Vert - You Was Right
Last Week: #43
Peak: #22
Weeks on Chart: 16
44. Captain Cuts/Nateur - Love Like We Used To
Last Week: #41
Peak: #9
Weeks on Chart: 20
43. The Weeknd - False Alarm
Last Week: #39
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks on Chart: 21
42. Breakbot - My Toy
Last Week: #37
Peak: #15
Weeks on Chart: 13
41. Childish Gambino - Redbone
Last Week: #38
Peak: #25
Weeks on Chart: 9
40. Vinai/Anjulie - Into the Fire
Last Week: #36
Peak: #7
Weeks on Chart: 17
39. Starley/Ryan Riback - Call on Me
Last Week: #35
Peak: #28
Weeks on Chart: 7
38. Alessia Cara - How Far I'll Go
Last Week: #33
Peak: #29
Weeks on Chart: 6
37. Charli XCX/Lil Yachty - After the Afterparty
Last Week: #32
Peak: #3
Weeks on Chart: 17
36. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (DEBUT)
Last Week: DEBUT
Peak: #36*
Weeks on Chart: 1
35. AJR - Weak
Last Week: #28
Peak: #11
Weeks on Chart: 14
34. Ed Sheeran - New Man (DEBUT)
Last Week: DEBUT
Peak: #34*
Weeks on Chart: 1
33. The Chainsmokers/XYLØ - Setting Fires
Last Week: #24 (Biggest Drop -9)
Peak: #9
Weeks on Chart: 14
32. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake
Last Week: #26
Peak: #24
Weeks on Chart: 7
31. Lorde - Green Light (DEBUT)
Last Week: DEBUT
Peak: #31*
Weeks on Chart: 1
30. Big Sean - Bounce Back (DEBUT)
Last Week: DEBUT
Peak: #30*
Weeks on Chart: 1
29. Coin - Talk Too Much
Last Week: #34 (Biggest Jump +5)
Peak: #29*
Weeks on Chart: 2
28. Maroon 5/Future - Cold
Last Week: #31
Peak: #28
Weeks on Chart: 4
27. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm
Last Week: #29
Peak: #25
Weeks on Chart: 6
26. Little Mix - Touch
Last Week: #30
Peak: #26*
Weeks on Chart: 3
25. One Ok Rock - American Girls
Last Week: #27
Peak: #25*
Weeks on Chart: 3
24. Meghan Trainor - I'm a Lady
Last Week: #25*
Peak: #24*
Weeks on Chart: 4
23. Imagine Dragons - Believer
Last Week: #20
Peak: #20
Weeks on Chart: 6
22. Runaground - Chase You Down
Last Week: #16
Peak: #6
Weeks on Chart: 26
21. Jason Derulo/Nicki Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign - Swalla
Last Week: #23
Peak: #21*
Weeks on Chart: 4
20. Jax Jones/Raye - You Don't Know Me
Last Week: #22
Peak: #20*
Weeks on Chart: 4
19. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay
Last Week: #21
Peak: #19*
Weeks on Chart: 4
18. James Hersey - Miss You
Last Week: #19
Peak: #18*
Weeks on Chart: 6
17. Danger Twins - Icons
Last Week: #17
Peak: #17
Weeks on Chart: 6
16. Symon - No Way
Last Week: #18
Peak: #16*
Weeks on Chart: 8
15. Julia Michaels - Issues
Last Week: #14
Peak: #14
Weeks on Chart: 10
14. Stevie Wonder/Ariana Grande - Faith
Last Week: #10
Peak: #6
Weeks on Chart: 13
13. Marian Hill - Down
Last Week: #15
Peak: #13*
Weeks on Chart: 7
12. Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs
Last Week: #13
Peak: #12*
Weeks on Chart: 7
11. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
Last Week: #12
Peak: #11*
Weeks on Chart: 9
NOTE: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first top 10 when all of the songs have spent at least 10 weeks on the chart.
10. Pentatonix - Hallelujah
Last week: #9
Peak: #9
Weeks on Chart: 13
9. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming
Last Week: #11
Peak: #9*
Weeks on Chart: 11
8. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap
Last Week: #7
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks on Chart: 35 (Oldest on chart + all time)
7. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
Last Week: #6
Peak: #1 (5 weeks)
Weeks on Chart: 16
6. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things
Last Week: #5
Peak: #3
Weeks on Chart: 17
5. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul
Last Week: #8
Peak: #5*
Weeks on Chart: 10
4. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye
Last Week: #4
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks on Chart: 20
3. Bebe Rexha - I Got You
Last Week: #2
Peak: #1 (5 weeks)
Weeks on Chart: 10
2. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
Last Week: #3
Peak: #2*
Weeks on Chart: 11
1. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
Last Week: #1
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks on Chart: 11
Biggest Drop: The Chainsmokers/XYLØ - Setting Fires (-9)
Biggest Jump: Coin - Talk Too Much (+5)
Entrant Reviews
I've decided to do entrant reviews on here. That way you know what I like about songs not on Hits 1.
Since I'm typing this before creating the chart (I know what the debuts will be), I'll go in order of date added to Bubbling Under.
In Heavy, it's not really Bennington that grabs my attention in this song, it's Kiiara. However, he does provide a good meaning to the song. It's about if you're stressed out all the time, "If I just let go I'll be set free." Kiiara has great vocals in the song and I like her "Holding on" part in the chorus. She definitely does not sound like how she did in Gold. [Predicted Peak: #16]
Bounce Back is one of those rap songs that, once in a while, you just really like. I think it has peaked at #6 on Billboard so far, which is a good thing. One of my favorite parts about good rap songs is the production, which is good in this song. My favorite lyric is "Last night took an L [loss] but tonight I bounce back." Well Big Sean, you certainly won't take an L on this chart. [Predicted Peak: #10]
At first I thought Green Light was only good but nothing amazing, but now it's pretty good. The piano in the pre-chorus isn't a highlight in this song. I like the chorus a lot. My favorite part of this song is the production and beat after the second chorus (the part where it's still upbeat). Also if you're stuck in traffic, this song is relatable. [Predicted Peak: #12]
I didn't know what to pick for the first non-single from ÷ on #40Friday, Eraser or New Man. I ended up picking New Man because of how catchy it is. Seriously, if I had to pick which song off the album would do great as a single, it hands-down would be this one. The chorus will easily get stuck in your head. Also, note that Eraser could possibly end up on this list too. [Predicted Peak: #14]
Bubbling Under
Since this was posted late, there will be no Bubbling Under section on here this week. To make this shorter, here were its debuts:
- Clean Bandit/Zara Larsson - Symphony
- Erin Bowman - Good Time Good Life
- Iggy Azalea - Mo Bounce
- Zayn/PartyNextDoor - Still Got Time
- David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Lil Wayne - Light My Body Up
*looks at the #2 song on this chart*
ReplyDeleteOoooooh......I bet there are going to be a ton of people pissed with that choice.
Nice post! Honestly, Bounce Back isn't as bad as some of the hip hop/rap songs on the Billboard, but still sucks. Put I guess I could see the appeal. And yay for #9! Also, is the mediocre debut New Man?
ReplyDeleteNice post, .!
ReplyDelete