Friday, May 26, 2017

May 26, 2017

Yes, another different format.

New color-code/other code

Bold = Currently at peak
Italics = Biggest drop/jump
Turquoise (optional) = Greatest fall in "spins"
Red = Losing a lot of "spins"
Blue = Close to holding in "spins"
Green = Gaining a lot of "spins"
Purple = Greatest gain in "spins"

Exits

x48. Ed Sheeran - New Man
x50. Runaground - Chase You Down

We must pause to honor a certain exit. I will do this every time an important song exits.


While hated by some people, I found Chase You Down to be awesome. The production in the verses is just beautiful. The drop is cool. It's not that upbeat or active, but still cool enough. I was very happy to see it in the top 10 on the WC. Honestly, this was like Parachute, my favorite song of all time, in a way because they were both released in the spring, were on Venus, debuted the WC in the fall, both were purple songs for Adrian, and I loved both of them. Despite peaking at #6 here, I still really loved this song. In fact, this was on #50Friday for 34 weeks. So, unfortunately, I must say goodbye to this song now.

Here is this week's #50Friday:

50. Danger Twins - Icons (-1)

49. Flo Rida/99 Percent - Cake (-2)
48. Katy Perry/Skip Marley - Chained to the Rhythm (-2)
47. Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (-2)
46. Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (-4)
45. Pentatonix - Hallelujah (-1)
44. Fitz and the Tantrums - HandClap (-1)
43. Hey Violet - Guys My Age (-2)
42. The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel it Coming (-2)
41. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (-2)
40. Symon - No Way (-3)
39. Julia Michaels - Issues (-1)
38. Imagine Dragons - Believer (-2)
37. Marian Hill - Down (-4)
36. Calvin Harris/Frank Ocean/Migos - Slide (-1)
35. Little Mix - Touch (-9)
34. Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down (DEBUT)
33. Lorde - Green Light (-12)
32. Iggy Azalea/Anitta - Switch (DEBUT)
31. Virginia to Vegas - Selfish (+3)
30. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (+2)
29. Lady Gaga - The Cure (+2)
28. Charlie Puth - Attention (+2)
27. Noah Cyrus - Stay Together (+2)
26. Kendrick Lamar - HUMBLE. (+2)
25. G-Eazy/Kehlani - Good Life (+2)
24. Clean Bandit/Sean Paul/Anne-Marie - Rockabye (-5)
23. Halsey - Now or Never (+2)
22. Katy Perry/Migos - Bon Appétit (+2)
21. Kyle/Lil Yachty - iSpy (+2)
20. Kungs/Ephemerals - I Feel So Bad (+2)
19. Coin - Talk Too Much (-5)
18. Noah Cyrus/Labrinth - Make Me (Cry) (-8)
17. DNCE/Nicki Minaj - Kissing Strangers (+3)
16. Zayn/PartyNextDoor - Still Got Time (+2)
15. Stargate/Pink/Sia - Waterfall (+2)
14. Iggy Azalea - Mo Bounce (+1)
13. The Chainsmokers - Break Up Every Night (+3)
12. David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Lil Wayne - Light My Body Up (+1)
11. Big Sean - Bounce Back (+1)
10. James Hersey - Miss You (+1)
09. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (-2)
08. One Ok Rock - American Girls (+1)
07. Meghan Trainor - I'm a Lady (+1)
06. Bebe Rexha - I Got You (=)
05. Twenty One Pilots - Heavydirtysoul (=)
04. Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs (=)
03. Jason Derulo/Ty Dolla $ign/Nicki Minaj - Swalla (=)
02. Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay (=)
01. Jax Jones/Raye - You Don't Know Me (=)

Watch out for possible future debuts!

  • DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Various - I'm the One
  • Niall Horan - Slow Hands
  • Camila Cabello - Crying in the Club
  • Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish
  • Post Malone/Quavo - Congratulations
  • Ayo and Teo - Rolex
  • Noah Cyrus - I'm Stuck
  • Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor

3 comments:

  1. Go Humble, Bon Appetit, Still Got Time, Mo Bounce, Bounce Back, Swalla, I'm The One, Rolex, and Congratulations! I'm rooting for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it has been 2 months now since you won the competition which means your time for the thing is done. But don't worry, I still read pretty much all your posts and I'll still comment a lot. It's just if I don't feel I have anything to say, I won't necessarily comment. So I'll do a top 20 review:

    Top 20 Review:
    0 - Crap
    20. Bounce Back
    19. Mo Bounce
    18. Make Me (Cry)
    17. You Don't Know You Me

    1 - Bad
    16. Stay
    15. I Got You
    14. Still Got Time
    13. I'm A Lady
    12. Miss You
    11. Kissing Strangers

    2 - Mediocre
    10. Swalla
    9. Waterfall
    8. Heavydirtysoul
    7. Thumbs

    3 - Decent
    6. I Feel So Bad
    5. Talk Too Much
    4. American Girls

    4 - Good
    NONE

    5 - Great
    3. Break Up Every Night
    2. That's What I Like
    1. Light My Body Up

    Total Score: 38/100 (Insanely Awful)

    And go I'm The One, Slow Hands, Swish Swish, and Versace On The Floor. And that #1 though… :((

    ReplyDelete